Thursday, May 7, 2009

Final Project: DC Metro construction Map

Presented here is my completed final project for digital Cartography. I had a wonderful yet stressful experience here in this class as I struggled with and eventually learned the ways of making maps using Adobe Flash.
Here is my map, which displays the 40-year long planning and construction of the Washington DC
Metro Rail system, a system we all have probably now have taken for granted. Most of us here can't remember a time when the Metro existed. My map shows the progression of the Metro starting with its approval in 1968, then flash forwarding to 1976 when the first completed piece of the Metro line was open to the public. From then on it shows the progression of the Metro system in five year increments. Here is the link to the map:

http://mason.gmu.edu/~jhaumann/final2.html

No comments: